So, your furry buddy has digestive issue and sensitive stomach.
Have your veterinarian cautioned against commercial dog food? Are you frustrated about this?
Believe me, regulating diet of a dog with a sensitive stomach with homemade food is not impossible. Instead, it’s a great way to make sure that your dog is consuming something made with special care for its unique needs.
And it’s also a way to express “I love you.”
Many high-quality commercial dog foods are available in the markets that are perfect for the dog with a sensitive stomach. But these are not cheap. Moreover, these formulae may be bland tasting, and your dog may feel no incentive to eat what you’re serving
So, as an alternative to commercial dog foods, home-cooked meals can come into play.
Here are some great recipes for the dog with a sensitive stomach.
- Sensitive Stomach Dog Food Top Picks
- 6 Homemade Dog Foods for Sensitive Stomach
- Recipe 1 : Chicken, rice and veggies
- Recipe 2: Boiled Potatoes with carrot, chicken, and cheese
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomach and Skin
- Recipe: 3: Chicken broth with veggies
- Recipe: 4: Hamburger with oats, cooked eggs, and veggies
- Recipe: 5: Beef liver with corn oil
- Best Wet Dog Food for Sensitive Stomach
- Food Recipe: 6: Calf meat, chicken and Tomatoes
- When To Give Homemade Food To Your Dog With Sensitive Stomach
- In conclusion:
Sensitive Stomach Dog Food Top Picks
6 Homemade Dog Foods for Sensitive Stomach
Recipe 1 : Chicken, rice and veggies
- Rice 2 cups
- Chicken meat 1 ½ pound
- Vegetable mix 1 ½ cups
- Water 4 ½ cups
- Take rice, vegetables, meat in a large skillet
- Add water into the mix
- Cook on medium heat until boil
- Once boiled, cover and simmer for 20 minutes
It’s one of the most popular choices for dogs with sensitive tummies. Boiled chicken is very useful for a dog’s upset stomach. It provides much fat-free protein. Your dog will definitely like the tasted of fresh meat.
Recipe 2: Boiled Potatoes with carrot, chicken, and cheese
- Cottage cheese 1½ tablespoon
- Minced chicken meat ½ pound
- Grated carrots ½ cup
- Mashed potatoes 1 cup
- Take the mashed potatoes, carrots and mashed potatoes in a pot.
- Heat for 3 minutes in a microwave
- Cool the mixture
- Add the cottage cheese
- You may add a little sweetness.
Potato is an excellent source of nutrition. Carrot also contains higher levels of vitamins. These ingredients help to improve digestion, reduce stomach irritation and relieve constipation. This recipe is excellent for improving vision and controlling diarrhea.
Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomach and Skin
Recipe: 3: Chicken broth with veggies
- Meat ½ pound
- Potato 1 ½ cup
- Carrot 1 ½ cup
- Celery 1 stalk
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Chicken broth 1 litre
- Fry the meat until it becomes golden brown with olive oil
- Put it in the chicken broth for 45 minutes
- Add vegetables with it and cover
- Simmer the mixture until the meat softens
- Cold the food and serve it
Be sure, before serving let it cool in the fridge and remove the fat from the top.
Recipe: 4: Hamburger with oats, cooked eggs, and veggies
- Hamburger meat 1 cup
- Canola oil 1 tablespoon
- Cooked oatmeal ½ cup
- Hard-boiled eggs 2 pieces
- Cottage cheese (finely chopped) 2 tablespoons
- Beans 1 handful
- Carrots 1 handful
- Fry the hamburger meat in canola oil
- Mix all the ingredients well
- Cool down the mixture and serve
Cooked eggs contain high-level of protein. Oat is a great source of many nutrients and helps effectively in solving the upset tummies. But your dog may not like the flavor of oats. However, when it’s served with hamburger meat, your dog will definitely love the taste.
Recipe: 5: Beef liver with corn oil
- Beef liver ¼ pound
- Corn oil 1 teaspoon
- Cut the beef liver into small pieces
- Fry or boil it well
- Add corn oil
- Let it cool down and serve
Beef liver provides protein and other nutrients. Your dog must love its exceptional flavor more than anything else.
Best Wet Dog Food for Sensitive Stomach
Food Recipe: 6: Calf meat, chicken and Tomatoes
- Calf meat ½ pound
- Tomatoes 1 or 2 pieces
- Water 1 cup
- Parsley 1 stalk
- Chicken cube 1 cup
- Chop the tomatoes
- Make the stew with chicken cubes, tomatoes, parsley and water
- Chopped the veal meat with the stew
- Cook well in a pot
- Let it cool down and serve
Calf meat is easy to digest. You can serve the stew with rice or whole wheat bread.
When To Give Homemade Food To Your Dog With Sensitive Stomach
Some symptoms of the sensitive stomach are:
- Loose stools
- Occasional vomiting
If these symptoms are severe in your dog or if your dog is suffering from diarrhea and vomiting together, it’s the time to visit a veterinarian.
Otherwise, home-cooked meals can be an effective remedy for your dog.
Before serving any recipe, it’s important to figure out what is the reason for his upset tummy. Some dogs may have an adverse reaction to certain food ingredients.
If you notice any sign of severe digestive problems, the first thing you should do is to contact your vet so that you can identify any severe reasons such as canine ulcers, bloat, and poisoning.
Your dog may need some test to diagnosis. Then, your vet will suggest the most appropriate treatment.
Once you’ve done this, try to find out what is the cause of your dog’s upset stomach.
You can try some recipes and find what suit most for him/her. The home-cooked recipe is a great way to monitor what you’re serving to him. So, you can easily adjust the diet based on his reaction.
when serving the homemade food, you should carefully monitor him. If you find any sensitivity in your dog or appear lethargic or is not its usual happy self, stop feeding the recipe and visit your vet.
Home-made meals contain low fat and have good fiber content that makes them more comfortable on the stomach. All the recipes as mentioned above are easy on the dog’s tummy and readily digestible. If your dog simply doesn’t want to it, these recipes may also work well.
If you plan to feed the home-made meal to your dog permanently, it’s better to consult with a vet. Because you may have to add some supplements to make the diet complete.
Thanks for reading our article on homemade dog food for sensitive stomach
This article is correct and dependable to the best of the writer’s knowledge. However, these recipes are not a substitute for prescription or advice from a veterinary medical professional. If your dog shows any symptom or sign of distress, you should immediately visit a veterinarian.